Re: Debian iso download problem.

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 12:01:54AM +0100, Piotr wrote:
> I've downloaded with flashget 2,2GB out of 4,6GB first iso image
> (http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc1/i386/iso-dvd/debian-testing-i386-binary-1.iso)
> and i can't download anymore.. Download speed after 48% of downloaded
> file is like 0,5 KB/s and it's the second time while i'm trying to
> download that dvd.

Never download a DVD image and never, really never restart such an
download attempt from the beginning if it fails. If you can continue a
started download and if you really have no downloaded Debian packages
on you disk it may be OK, but the preferred way is to use Jigdo.
It allows to download Debian packages from each server you want and
reuses old package files from older archive sets (DVD, local mirrors,
...).

http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

Jens