Re: ADV: repositories on website

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:41:25AM +0100, Tanja + Jack op reis wrote:
> Could you indicate the /etc/apt/sources.list entries (or a link to a
> local mirror or a howto) of the repositories for the packages that are
> used in the description pages.
> E.g., I had to do a lot of searching to find a working repository for
> Debian testing (website: http://packages.debian.org/testing/). A link on
> the web page would make life a lot easier.

A good suggestion. I will to try to add that in useful places.

While looking into this I noticed that even I have difficulties
to get from the Debian homepage to a site that explains apt and
what it is used for and how.

One could go Home -> Doc -> Debian Reference -> HTML, but I doubt
anyone would find this. I think there should be at least one
paragraph on /distrib/packages and one on /intro/about

It seems apt never really arrived on the web site...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/