Re: http://www.debian.org/security/2006/dsa-978 Dead links

Ohhh. That sucks. We are fighting to move Linux into our shop and when my boss, a windoze guy is looking at a "page not found" it gives him ammo to  keep using microsoft.  He say if they can't even maintain there web site how can the maintain there security. I just wish it would redirect or something, instead of showing a dead link. I love what you guys have done wht linux. Please take this as constructive comments and not a bash.

Thanks,
Jason,

Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org>

11/17/2006 09:37 AM

JLapp@doc.gov
cc
debian-www@lists.debian.org
Subject

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 09:06:02AM -0500, JLapp@doc.gov wrote:
>    Every link on this page is dead.
>    http://www.debian.org/security/2006/dsa-978

 This is expected behaviour, since the package in question received
a subsequent security update.

 We only keep the most recent version upon the security archive.

 In this case the links ending in "woody4" were replaced with "woody5"
eg:

   http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/g/gnupg/gnupg_1.0.6-4woody5.diff.gz

 See DSA-933-2 for the complete list of links.

Steve