Re: New Debian Site

Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
> Le Mardi 7 Novembre 2006 12:40, Mathieu Stumpf a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've worked on some new design for the debian website, tell me what you
> > think about, which once you like the most (if any), what's good/bad, I'll
> > take the best, and make a css with it.
> >
> > You can see my work here: http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/
> > You should use inkscape to watch it.
> >
> > Once again, I'll work on a css (something which can easily be integrated
> > with what allready exists) as soon as you tell me which way I should go.
>
> Ok, I made a first css, what do you think about this:
> http://psychoslave.free.fr/debian/site/planche2/

Wuuuh!  I'm blind!  Wow, that was horrible!

I can describe *what* I believe is so horrible on that page:

 1. too much black, makes me think of mourning and eath

 2. white on black is difficult to read when the font is not bold

 3. the font next to the Debian logo sucks, it's not the Debian font.

 4. the horizontal red lines are just... crap... they're not even,
    they're not regular, they're just something disturbing the image

I'm sorry, but compared with that, the current www.debian.org main
page is pure beauty.

This is my personal opinion.  Other people may have other opinions.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain