finding out the version of available packages impossible

Hi,

I tried to find out the version of KDE desktop, and the only result I got was something like
http://packages.debian.org/stable/kde/kde,
whe it looks like the KDE was 5,
but if you look at KDE.org, you see that KDE is 3.5.4.

There should definitely be listed the version!
Are you keeping this in secret? If yes, why? Or are you open but no one is interested in telling people how up to date are the packages for Debian?
This is for me enough not to decide for Debian but for another distribution.

http://www.debian.org/intro/why_debian - I think the contras should be more detailed - users are often interested if suspend to ram, suspend to disc, adobe reader or complete short cut accessibility are functional.
So please, be more open about pros and contras.

Jan