Re: russian pages, news section

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:58:52AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 09:29, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > I would like to comment on the quality of russian pages on
> > www.debian.org. Currently, Nick Toris <nicktoris@gmail.com> is
> > responsible for the translation. I have contacted him and also Max
> > Kosmach and mentioned the very low quality of his translations,
> > especially on the news pages.
> >
> > I would like the community to be aware of this.
>
> I suggest you discuss this on the debian-l10n-russian mailing list and
> possibly ask for advise on debian-i18n.
> In the end this is an issue that the Russian Debian community has to solve
> and not the Debian project as a whole, mainly because most people in the
> project cannot judge the quality of the translations.

After a discussion we had with Nick this matter seems to be solved.
I have to say that my criticism of his work was somewhat biased and
overheated. Nick is actually very open for collaboration. He wishes
for the improvents as much as I do.

I hope that nobody here will think low of him based on that angry
mail of myself.

Cheers,
Stanislav