Re: improving d.o/devel/website

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 02:46:54PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> My point is that you wont find the website of the
> website project unless you know that its name is website
> project which I didn't know and I think many others wont too
> cause the list is named debian-www and also the pseudo
> package to file bugs is named debian-www so the naming is definetly
> inconsistent. If you see no need to improve this ok, buts
> the names are confusing nevertheless.
> Kind regards
> Nico

Starting from www.debian.org you can found information on the website in the
following ways:

"About"->"Contact Us" mentions debian-www
"Developers' Corner" has a link to "Debian Web Pages" too (I didn't found it at
my first attempt, since I search for website)
"Help Debian" has a link to "web site maintenance"

All other categories (News, Getting Debian, Debian Packages, Support, ...) are
not related and should not be browsed/checked. Maybe one could search below
"Documentation" and probably not find what he wants but what about the three
links I mentioned?

It's indeed possible that not all pages can be found so easy but this is not true
for the development page of the web site!

Jens