Website translation without pserver access (was: login problem)

On Sunday 30 July 2006 04:26, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	Is there a way to non-DDs to update the webwml tree (or get tarballs
> like Raphael did for debian-admin)?

I have made tarballs available on:
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/webwml/

See the text at the bottom of that page for further information.

> PS: Will I get flamed if I ask why webwml does not use SVN? :-)

No. I think this is a latent wish that a lot of people have. The main
blocker is probably that it is a _lot_ of work:
- convert the CVS repo to SVN (probably the easy part)
- convert any scripts that check/update versions
- convert the build infrastructure
- convert the scripts that produce translation statistics
- make sure that commit messages and emails are still sent to interested
  parties
- minimize the time no updates are possible due to the conversion
- whatever I've forgotten

So all it needs is a dedicated volunteer who has loads of spare time, is
willing to make a conversion plan and work with the various people
involved.

Cheers,
FJP