Re: Debian CD-Artwork outdated

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 21:04, Richard Atterer wrote:
> It is a bit weird - people have mostly stopped submitting artwork.
> There were a few mails with artwork in the last months, but the artwork
> was of low quality by my standards (resolution too low, very simple
> layout etc.).
>
> But anyway: The first few entries can easily be adapted for later
> Debian versions, so I don't see a need to take the page offline ATM.

Maybe we should do an official call for artwork through DWN or something.
If we do that now, chances are we'd have something nice _before_ Etch.
We could also specify what a set would have to include (e.g. front/back
covers for both CD and DVD + a wallpaper?) and quality (resolution,
required elements).

As the release name and version are known, I think this could happen now.

We'd probably have to set up a webpage to publish candidates and have some
kind of vote and optionally a small prize for a winner.

Cheers,
FJP