Re: hard to use debian.org in English

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 07:39:23PM +0200, Matej Kovac wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:27:51PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > Shouldn't website remember the settings when uses chooses the language
> > (via cookies)?
> > But perhaps it would be too much work.
>
> the debian.org is mirrored on many servers around the world.
> mirroring results of cgi scripts can be really difficult task.

So let's only add this feature on debian.org, which (I believe) the vast
majority of people are using instead of country-specific mirrors. The other
mirrors can continue to work the old way.

Cheers,

  Richard

http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2006/06/msg00161.html
--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯