Re: d-i GUI 404

Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> schrieb am 23.08.05 10:34:56:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 01:26, Joey Hess wrote:
> > martin f krafft wrote:
> > > At http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/gtk-frontend, there
> > I'd be happy to add a redirect, but the only way I know to do it using
> > the Debian wml is a page with a link. Can someone do it better?
>
> I have added a wml file with a redirect to the WIKI (borrowed from another
> place where the same construction was used). Please test that it works in
> about 4 hours from now (will try myself too if I don't forget).

It fails to redirect in Konqueror 3.4.0 Level "b" Suse 9.3 (a prerelease??).
All I get is an empty page and I noticed this problem already with other
pages. Usually I quote
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2005/07/msg00187.html:

But in the HTML-Specification you will find this note on http://
www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#meta-data:
Note. Some user agents support the use of META to refresh the current page
after a specified number of seconds, with the option of replacing it by a
different URI. Authors should not use this technique to forward users to
different pages, as this makes the page inaccessible to some users. Instead,
automatic page forwarding should be done using server-side redirects.

I googled for this but I did not found bug reports about konqueror.
Someone told me that it works with version 3.3.0.

I suggest to add at least a message similar to:
"This page should redirect you to ... Please open this link when it fails"

Jens