Web site license (was: Re: more questions)

On 2005-08-21T01:23:17+0300, morganlandry@gmail.com wrote:
> I've seen KDE manuals released under the GPL. Would that be
> acceptable in this case, of releasing a web site under the GPL?

At least GNU GPL is known to be free license.

Have you alread read

But anyway, because licenses and copyright are such issues that there
is nobody who can decide about license change alone. I really don't
know what needs to be done to get license changed, but currently our
license page claims that SPI has (total) copyright, so SPI board (or
general meeting) can any day change license as it fits to them...

Last time it was changed in 2000:
<URL:http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/license.wml.diff?r1=1.6
&r2=1.7&cvsroot=webwml>
That time OPL was though to be free (in DFSG sense) license, but no
more nowadays.

At least current situation is some what strange when Debian project is
removing some non-DFSG licensed FSF's manuals from the distribution
but itself distributes non-DFSG licensen web site...

--
Tommi Vainikainen