Re: A list of broken mirrors (fwd)

Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> So, could someone here act on this? Please remove the broken ones and
> apply the corrections.

Done. However this is probably my last time doing something like this
in a while. We need some fresh blood to maintain the Mirrors.masterlist,
including being proactive instead of reactive about finding breakage and
communicating with mirror operators. And not just CD mirrors.

If we can't find someone, we need to start de-emphasising having more
mirrors than we can maintain and keep track of, as it's not benefical to
users.

> ftp://mirror.datafast.net.au/iso/linux/debian/
> http://mirror.datafast.net.au/iso/linux/debian/

Also fixed links to archive mirror.

> ftp://ftp.tiscali.be/debian-iso/
> http://ftp.tiscali.be/debian-iso/

/pub/debian-cd has what looks like current stuff.

> ftp://debian.das.ufsc.br/pub/debian-cd/

Removed from CD list.

> ftp://ftp.matrix.net.br/pub/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.matrix.net.br/pub/debian-cd/

Cannot connect to check, but removed from CD list.

> http://linorg.usp.br/iso/debian/ (redirects to ftp://...)

No problems accessing this via http with lftp or mozilla, don't see a
redirect, left it.

> ftp://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/debian-iso/
> http://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/debian-iso/

Removed from CD list (rsync too).

> ftp://iso.linux.hr/debian/
> http://iso.linux.hr/debian/

Seems to have a few CD images, is the directory structure not appropriate?

> ftp://ftp.bittivuoto.net/iso/debian/

Mirrors.masterlist comment notes it only accepts comments from .fi. Left
it in, although unless there's some good reason such as no other finnish
mirrors, I think we should remove it.

> ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-cd/

Removed.

> ftp://ftp.vthd-net.com/pub/linux/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.vthd-net.com/pub/linux/debian-cd/

Cannot access it at all, removed CD stuff for now. May need to be
revisited if this is a temporary down.

> ftp://ftp.leo.org/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.leo.org/debian-cd/

Entirely removed as it dropped all its Debian stuff. Someone should
check that the several sites that mirror from it are up-to-date and
update their mirrors-from lines.

> ftp://ftp.hk.debian.org/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.hk.debian.org/debian-cd/

Seems to have a complete set of CDs to me, what's the problem?

> http://ftp.hu.debian.org/ftp/pub/CDROM-Images/debian/

Removed broken http debian archive mirror. ftp mirror ok. Pinged admin.
ftp://ftp.hu.debian.org/pub/CDROM-Images/debian is ok, fixed paths.
Rsync is ok.

> ftp://kebo.vlsm.org/debian-cd/
> http://kebo.vlsm.org/debian-cd/

Has some Debian CDs, but ideosyncratic paths. Removed for now.

> ftp://ftp.students.cs.unibo.it/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.kreonet.re.kr/pub/Linux/debian-cd/

Down due to "temporary lack of space" since October, removed.

> ftp://koyanet.lv/debian2/
> http://koyanet.lv/ftp/debian2/

Cannot connect at all, removed CD stuff for now. May need to be
revisited if this is a temporary down.

> ftp://sajino.terra.com.pe/pub/linux/debian/

Cannot connect, removed entire site and pinged admin.

> ftp://ftp.si.debian.org/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.si.debian.org/debian-cd/

CD Removed.

> ftp://ftp.is.co.za/linux/distributions/debian-iso/

CD Removed.

> ftp://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-cd/

As noted, seems ok, some arches not fully synced yet.

> http://debian.mirror.solnet.ch/debian-cd/
> ftp://ftp.solnet.ch/mirror/Debian/debian-cd/

All mirrors broken, removed site and pinged admin.

> ftp://ftp.nectec.or.th/pub/linux-distributions/Debian-CD/

CD removed.

> ftp://debian.org.ua/debian-cd/
> http://debian.org.ua/debian-cd/

Comment says only available to .ua users. Left alone, though damnifiknow
how we're supposed to tell if it's still working.

> ftp://debian.tod.net/debian-cd/
> http://debian.tod.net/debian-cd/

Cannot connect at all. Removed CD stuff, may need to revisit later if it
comes back.

> ftp://ftp.cs.stevens-tech.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/debian-cd/

Only 3.0 CDs. Removed CDs.

> ftp://mirror.csit.fsu.edu/debian-cd/
> http://mirror.csit.fsu.edu/debian-cd/

Ftp is down, removed all ftp stuff.
Removed CDs.

> ftp://mirrors.xmission.com/debian-cd/
> http://mirrors.xmission.com/debian-cd/

Removed CDs.

> Corrections:
>
> ftp://debian.sh.cvut.cz/CDImages/debian-cd/ ->
> ftp://debian.sh.cvut.cz/debian-cd/
> ftp://debian.mirrors.tds.net/pub/linux/debian-cd/ ->
> ftp://debian.mirrors.tds.net/pub/linux/ftp.debian.org/debian-cd/
> http://debian.mirrors.tds.net/pub/linux/debian-cd/ ->
> http://debian.mirrors.tds.net/pub/linux/ftp.debian.org/debian-cd/
> ftp://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/iso-images/Debian/ ->
> ftp://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/distributions/debian-cd/
> http://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/iso-images/Debian/ ->
> http://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/distributions/debian-cd/

All applied.

--