Re: http://www.debian.org vs $(HOME)

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> (11/06/2005):
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 05:09:13PM +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Shouldn't it be better to replace all the links pointing to
> > http://www.debian.org/something by $(HOME)/something ?
> >
> > I'm waiting for a "just do it" to start playing with smart_change.pl.
>
> Depends. There may be places where it is better (or actually needed)
> to use the URL. Please just state the files you want to change if
> you're unsure and I will provide you with a second opinion.
>
> >From a first glance I would guess that to change all the occourences
> in /News/ and /events/ would be correct but not worth your time...
> (all old files of no particular interest anymore)
>
> Most other places already seem to be exceptions with good reasons.

Here are the files (grep HREF|href="http://www.debian.org):

I think index.wml, intro/cn.wml, searchtmpl/search.wml and
misc/equipment_donations.wml are exceptions.

consultants/index.wml
devel/debian-installer/News/2004/20040807.wml
devel/debian-med/News/2002/20020607.wml
devel/debian-nonprofit/News/2004/20040416.wml
doc/ddp.wml
events/*
index.wml
international/Bulgarian.wml