Re: Remaining tidy issues

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 04:26:39PM +0200, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
> Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> (06/05/2005):
> > after fixing usge of illegal &#149; characters,
s/usge/usage/
> > http://people.debian.org/~alfie/tidy/en still contains a few issues:
> >
> > *** /org/www.debian.org/www/News/weekly/1999/14/index.en.html
> > line 76 column 1 - Warning: <a> Anchor "logo" already defined
> >
> > This occurs 9 times and is fixed by
>
> As this problem occurs only in very old DWN (1999), it might be better to
> modify the anchor in these files and to check and fix the external links
> pointing to them.

Yes, you're right, it only occurs in old pages. Nevertheless it's hard
to fix all references to News/weekly/1999/14/index#logo since I do not
know how to find these. Please note that I only have write
permission to Debian CVS and not to all other archives and documents in
the world.

It would also not solve the problem that a few anchors such as "logo" are
reserved even for new documents.

It is much simpler to change the div "logo" id, since it is only used
for CSS (and only by debian.css).

Jens