Re: missing info: original newer than translation...

Hi,

I had to recover from fosdem... so a little more late than intended...

On Monday 28 February 2005 16:01, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:39:48AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status.es.html is
> > marked as "original newer than translation" whereas
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status.de.html isn't,
> > although is also out-of-date.
> >
> > Why ? :-)
> Check the translation-check header.  The German one should match the
> CVS version of the English file, while the Spanish one should be
> out-of-date.

Now also the german page is marked as out of date. Which is correct. (So I
guess there was a moment in time in between the time the english page got
updated and the time the translation-check-thing got a higher version
number.) Thanks for your explaination, Matt.

Now, how to update the german translation ? I guess, translating the patch
between the english file with the current version and the english file with
the current german version is not a good idea.

Do I have to create a translated patch "manually" ? Or are there any tools I
have missed ? (I just re-read the debian-website-pages.)
In this particular example it's not difficult for me (as I have provided the
english patch anyway) but - for example - updating the spanish version (which
is far more out-of-date) is more difficult, as you would have to manually
re-create the structure.

regards,
 Holger (pointers to TFMs welcome ;)