Re: Bad link on http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?LocalGroups

Blars Blarson wrote:
On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 08:51:16AM -0800, Ross Smith wrote:

Matt,

I went to http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?LocalGroups in search of information
on Debian users in the Los Angeles area.

I found this link, under the section titled "Southern California Debian":

http://scd.debian.net/

Unfortuately, that produced a 403 Forbidden error. I am using Adelphia in
Santa Monica, and appearently, this web site seems to think I'm a spammer and
need blacklisting (I'm not).

So then I tunnelled thru one of my ISPs, and found the real page, which appears
to have nothing to do with Debian and Southern California (AFAICT), but
contains a link to a personal web site for someone named Blars,
and a link to an event named Conchord.

Do I just not see the link?

Thanks,

Ross

Since you did not give the IP address in question, I can only offer
general advice.

68.234.173.129

 Your ISP has refuesed to deal with their spam problem
after being informed about it at their abuse address, so I was forced
to deal with it on my end.

All I'm looking for is a page about Debian users in LA.

If you need to protect your website from spammers, than I would suggest that you host this
page on a less restrictive server, so the people who need this information can easily find it.

Why should I provide services to someone who financialy supports
spamming?

I'm not asking you to.

It sounds like your tunneling software is broken as well.

Yeah, right, OpenSSH is broken.  How do you determine that from what I said?

Matt indicated that http://scd.debian.net/ links to http://www.blars.org/scd/.
I do not see any reference to the text 'scd' anywhere on http://www.blars.org/. Is it, in fact, there?

In fact, why does http://scd.debian.net/ link to http://www.blars.org/ and not http://www.blars.org/scd directly?

Thanks,