Re: Fwd: Link for Open Software Definition has changed

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 19:59 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On the page http://www.nl.debian.org/social_contract, the link to the
> "Open Source Definition" has changed:
>
> Current link:
> http://www.opensource.org/osd.html
>
> New link location:
> http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition_plain.html

Yes, although the first link now redirects to the second. I have changed
it in the cvs, just in case they remove osd.html.

> Hmmm. At the bottom of the page there is another link to an annotated
> version of the OSD (which is correct):
> http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php
>
> Isn't it somewhat confusing to have two different links to what appears to
> be the same document on one page?

Yes. AFAICT, definition.php also has 3rd party notes which enhances the
comprehension of the text. I'd suggest to leave the bottom link just the
way it is.

Regards,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.