Re: Canadian Debian CD sellers list outdated

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 06:47:55PM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> You wrote:
>
> > Unless someone complains, I will be pretty strict when going through
> > the list of vendors from now on.
>
> Will you also check non-english vendors?  I'd be happy to check the dutch
> ones, if you want.

I did a couple of countries this afternoon after Canada: Switzerland, the
UK and Italy. Then I got bored. :-7 I think I went through the German and
US lists a couple of months ago.

Translators, maybe you'd like to go through your country's list of CD
vendors and commit appropriate changes to english/CD/vendors/vendors.CD -
that would be great!

Bas, you are very welcome to go through the list of Belgian vendors. Either
commit the changes yourself or mail me a patch for vendors.CD.

> > Sites can always be re-added if I was wrong in removing them. The
> > vendor list is suffering from quite a few broken/outdated links, so
> > IMHO this is the only way to keep it useful.
>
> Do you notify the vendors that are being removed?

No, with a slightly bad conscience, I did not. It's just too much work, I'm
already congratulating myself on looking at vendors.CD at all, it is always
so depressingly out of date. ;-/

BTW, I noticed XPLinux is listed under _three_ different countries without
having (AFAICT) a subsidiary in two of them. This strikes me as somewhat
unfair, as there are a lot of other stores which ship internationally. What
should we do about this?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯