Re: Patch debian-www with css

* Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> [2004-12-15 00:45] :
> On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 02:26:08PM +0100, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> [...]
> > Feel free to apply the patch and include the debian.css file. I can
> > send it by mail, if you do not want to fetch it from the above url.
> >
> > I'll leave everything in place here. So if you want later changes, I
> > can make them and send you a new patch. The css file should be handled
> > carfully by those working on the server as changes may be harmful.
>
> D'oh, I did not notice that Frank committed your patch days ago.
> This is the problem with smooth upgrades, one does not notice when
> things change ;)
> As there have been no complaints so far, I guess that it is time to go
> further and now propose navigation/layout/accessibility changes to see
> if we can improve the current web site.

Here are two remarks/complaints:

- the CD pages don't validate any more
(http://people.debian.org/~alfie/validate/en) with many errors like:

Line 127, character 3:	document type does not allow element "P" here;
     missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON"
     start-tag

(I don't know if this is related or not)

- the title of every page (f.e. http://www.debian.org/intro/about) is
  now centered whereas it was aligned on the left before. It seems to be
  less readable to me.

Fred