Re: D-I Manual on official Debian website

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 08:02:24PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> There seems to be a very old version of the Debian Installer Manual at,
> for example, http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/.
>
> Do you happen to know anything about that? IMHO these should either be
> removed or updated.

I will investigate this.

> I guess the final location, version and updates of the manual (and release
> notes) on the Debian website should be discussed.

For the release notes, all preparations are finished, so there is
nothing left to do by the webmasters.
For the installation manual, there are still the same questions
remaining I brought up some months ago on d-boot (I can search the mail
in the archives, if you want, but it's probably unecessary):

1) AFAIK the install-manual can't be build with the tools available
in woody, only on sarge (and sid, of course). So the most important
question is: Can we arrange for the manual to be build on klecker
or do we need to build it somewhere else and then rsync it to klecker?
(klecker = www-master). Some time after the release the problem will
vanish of course.

2) The current installmanual for woody uses the layout
(which would require some changes in build.sh, AFAICS).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/