Re: Patch debian-www with css

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 02:26:08PM +0100, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After Denis' revision of the templates it was much easier to apply css
> to the debian website.
>
> The css file itself will go to subdir/english and is not included in
> the patch attached to this message.
>
> English language pages (I'll do two more today) built with patch
> attached will be found at http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dwww/ .

I build all English pages after applying Jutta's patch, available at
   http://people.debian.org/~barbier/juttaw/
Please test these pages, I am willing to commit this patch soon.

The only problems I can see are about debian.css:
  * I dislike centered text in the footer
  * Some text overlaps when using large fonts (e.g. in leftcol).
Maybe debian.css should first be committed into CVS so that we can all
work on fixing the reported issues?

> Beside replacing the menu tables by css style I created a new macro or
> what ever it is called for a hidden hrline, which is to be seen only in
> non-css browsers and replacing the box border for them.
>
> Another thing is the script creating the mail for Weekly News. I did
> not touch it, but made a centered H1 for lynx again. This is because
> Lynx does not center H1 any longer, if there are divs.

Looks good, I will carefully check that makemail.pl works fine.

Denis