Re: broken link at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 08:28:09PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 04:04:58PM +0200, Christian Leimer wrote:
> > I hope this is the right place to ask for a correction.
> > The powerpc floppy link at the page in the subject does not work.
> > The broken link
> > is :http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc-small/floppy/
> > the working one is:
> > http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/ . There are two
> > directories one for 2.4 and one for 2.6 floppies.
>
> This is a question for debian-boot and Sven.

Mmm, the floppy stuff is mostly for oldworld pmac and miboot floppies, and
success with them has been somewhat tedious, in big part because of poor state
of existing floppy drives in oldworld machines. It should work now though,
altough there seem to be more problems with 2.6 floppies than 2.4 ones.

The powerpc-small directory was renamed to powerpc/floppy-2.4, which made more
sense.

> > And I have an other question. Why is there no link on the main page
> > www.debian.org to ask if people want to test the new debian installer and
> > the link to the di-page?
>
> Perhaps the d-i release announcements should be included in the News
> section on the home page.  Anyone?

Yes, it would be good to have a direct link to the installer from the home
page in the future.

Friendly,

Sven Luther