Re: Search interface for mailing list sucks

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:40:27PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >Try this instead:
> >http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/splash/index.en.html
> >
> >It's better in many ways than official one.
> My test from today worked like a charm (I would prefer "Any language" as
> default, but this is a minor glitch and people might think differently
> about it).

I have similar experience.

> Is there any reason why we support a broken Search interface on our
> official web pages (as I said, I was NEVER able to do a reasonable
> search with it) while a working one is more or less hidden.  Why not
> at least adding a link to this working search page?

I have no idea. I found this better search system when its maintainer ask
on i18n lists for translations.

> Bartosz, thanks for maintaining this fine workaround!!

Don't thank me, but the original author ;)
It is Wesley W. Terpstra and it's mentioned on the bottom of this search
system.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska