Re: Outdated page was: Debian Dictionary

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:23:20PM +0200, Jutta Wrage wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 28.09.04 um 05:29 Uhr schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:
>
> >Q: Could you explain a bit how you do create these pages?
> >This is actually the important question to judge how and wether to
> >include it in the webpages.
>
> The program takes the header and footer. In between of it the entries
> are created with simple HTML statements. The layout (css) is adopted
> from Debian-Women homepage (I have not copied the logo from there).

Ok, I probably misformulated the question a bit. Lets try again.
Can you make the source code and the source data for your program
available somewhere? So one can get an idea of how it works and how
it fits into the current infrastructure.

[...]
> Same problem as above.
>
> Another point: How could I make changes to the program source?
>
> If a DD is willingly to help with everything, we could get it working,
> though - if you want.

I don't know if there is the possibility for non-DDs to get access to
the debian-doc CVS repository, for the webwml repository this is very
usual as much of the translation work is done by non-DDs. Normaly one
or more DDs would review your changes at the beginning and then later
request write access for you.

So if you want to include your dictionary in the websites, this would
certainly be technically possible (although I would like to hear more
opinions from other list members, if it is indeed the right place
to include it).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>