Re: Some spelling corrections

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:59:03AM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions (even though you don't comment on anything
> introduced in my patch, but only on issues not touched by me) :)

Oh darn it all, I've missed the point of the thread again :)

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 10:30:57PM -0600, doug jensen wrote:
> > Being familiar with the Unix environment (and specially GNU userland, found in
> > s/specially/especially
>
> There are 39 uses of [Ss]pecially in the English pages, so I rather
> leave this for others.

It is especially difficult for me to explain the difference, maybe an
example sentence will help.
  The computer was specially made with high quality components, but she
  especially liked the Debian GNU/Linux operating system.
The 'especially' points out a specific part or function, within a group
or collection.  Or intensifies a point, that is, it has been especially
nice discussing this with you.

--
Doug Jensen