Other language fonts on your page.

Hi,
  Your page at http://www.debian.org is nicely set up except for one problem I keep having. The page keeps popping up recommendations for me to download and install Japanese and Korean font packages (I use Mozilla). Those packages are large and I don't like having oriental fonts installed because I don't speak either language. There are many who are like me and who might be put off by your page telling them to install those fonts. What you might do instead is to replace the area where those fonts are used with buttons that have the characters on them graphically. This would accomplish the same thing and would stop the popups (which popup blockers don't stop.)

Also, there is a real problem on this page:

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#nonus

with this wording:

"There are two variants of the binary-1 CD, one with and one without software of the "non-US" category. The non-US software cannot be legally stored on servers that are located in the USA - formerly, the reason for this used to be that it contained strong cryptographic code, today it is that the programs use algorithms covered by US patents."

This confused me considerably until I noticed the image sizes and figured that the larger of the two must be the one that contains non-US software. Perhaps a better wording might be the following:

"There are two variants of the binary-1 CD, one with (doesn't contain "NONUS" in the name) and one without software of the "non-U.S." category (contains "NONUS" in the name). The non-U.S. software cannot be legally stored on servers that are located in the U.S.A. - formerly, the reason for this used to be that it contained strong cryptographic code, today it is that the programs use algorithms covered by U.S. patents."

The use of double and triple negatives makes the explanation very hard to understand.

JMHO.

Sincerely,
John Corliss

Do you Yahoo!?