It would be cool.

hello,

        I may have no right to say anything for I have no really understanding Of linux, but if you allow me I would like to make a subjection.
        I will tell you of my start with linux. It was a few years ago and I try different linux distro on my system at the time, I had also came a cross debian which with reading what you where about and your goals, I thought this is the linux I want, I tried the install and being I had no understanding of it, I felt very disappointed in the fact that I could not even get to an GUI.  After I tried some other distro and found a mixed feeling I was glad I could get a GUI some that I was able to interact with some thing but I still want something completely free and something where I was in more control. With these Distro I started to understand that there where these things call packages and that they some sort of software install to them, I learned that I could use a program to help me install these packages. At the time I was using Mandrake, so I learned i was looking for files ending in . I found some, But I had a hard time trying to find software that I wanted, It was not that software was not at there it was That there was no Central location that seemed to have in any kind of order. Then I read on-line that this thing called lindows was coming out I found out it was built on Debian and that it had an easy install,. I found a copy of a trial or something on-line, I tried It was a quick install, but was that good. What I really loved about it was now I could play with debian I learn a little apt-get and updated it, And just played around, I had not had the problems I had with Mandrake when installing or un-installing things. going back on the lindows website, I found some thing I finally like about Lindows, The web page had there software that was able to download in subcategories, I Loved this I went back to the debian page which I had been an reader of when ever I turn on the system, I went to the Package search page, with the 2 web pages side by side I looked for software I want o n there page, then switched the debian page to see if you had it, If you did I used Apt-get And installed it...This had to be my happiest Linux event. I felt I was in control I was doing things. It was a good feeling all around.

        So I wanted to say, that yes I also had trouble with the install as many have.  If not for lindows at the time I would not have had so much fun with debian. But What i would like to see from debian is a better web-page of the Packages they include, so I can look at the software before I install. Like download.com but for debian. Not sure if this can be done and if so I am sure It would be a big overhaul,. Like I said in the subject, It would be cool.

        Thank You for your time, and thank you for your hard work.

Ryan M. Schafer