Re: THINK ABOUT TRANSLATORS PLEASE, renaming in devel/debian-installer/News/2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:23:01 +0200
Nicolas Bertolissio <nico.bertol-no-spam@free.fr> wrote:

> Someone has renamed files under devel/debian-installer/News/2004/.

Joey Hess maintains the Debian-Installer web pages.

> The new convention is quite good but,

Indeed, and I never understood the idea behind the old numbering scheme.

> I am the French translator of the old
> named files and they have been deleted and add with the new name,
> unfortunately, the guy who done this job has not done the whole job:
> nothing with translated files and so I don't know how to check that the
> old named files where not modified before being removed.

I assumed that they were unchanged, but you have a point.  If your
translations weren't up to date, you can look at the old files in the
"attic".

> So please rename translated documents
[...]

Joey Hess should have renamed all up to date translations as it is a waste
of the translators' time to figure out what he did, even though it is
trivial to find the new file name (it's the date included in the
individual news items).

By the way, remember to change the translation-check in the new files.

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>