Re: Possible error in check_trans.pl

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Rumen Krastev wrote:

> Hello guys and girls (I hope there is ;-),
> today I founded a strange behavior of purging script, that removes more than
> 6 months outdated translations. One of my translations
> (bulgarian/News/index.wml) was purged from the repository, I wondered what
> happend and browsed the log - what a suprise:
>
> revision 1.4  [Select for revision A] [Select for revision B]
> date: 01 08 2004 10:00; author: peterk
>
> Automatic purge of file outdated for six months.

v 1.1 is more than 6 months old (see below)

> revision 1.3  [Select for revision A] [Select for revision B]
> date: 01 08 2004 05:48; author: djpig
>
> Add missing translation header

v 1.1 ??! and the previous upload was a sync with v 1.25 ??!

> revision 1.2  [Select for revision A] [Select for revision B]
> date: 10 07 2004 12:46; author: rkrastev
>
> sync with v.1.25
>
> revision 1.1  [Select for revision A] [Select for revision B]
> date: 01 07 2004 23:28; author: kraai
>
> Update Bulgarian translation.
>
> *****
> As you can see my last update is from 10.07 (and after that there is a fix
> from djpig - thank you :-), furthermore the file was commited initialy on 1
> of july (this year)...

The translation header should mention the translated English revision, so
it should have been 1.25 probably. As English revision 1.1 is more than 6
months old, the file would be completely outdated and as such is removed.
You can off course add it again.

> I didn't dig into this perl script (I've not time, sorry), but probably
> there is some kind of bug, as you can see from the cvs log, so it will be
> usefull to fix this, before more people/translations be affected like like
> me.

So, I don't think there is a bug in the script...

Cheers

Luk