Confusing text on webwml/english/releases/sid

Hi,

I was translating webwml/english/releases/sid to Catalan, when I found
the following phrase:

Line 15 (third paragraph):

 /--
 \--

What confused me was that "in-place", so I asked Steve Langasek and
he told me that phrase was not much meaninful, so no wonder I as a
non-native speaker could not understand it clearly. :>

We also think the Spanish translation is wrong, although we're not
sure what's the intended meaning of the original phrase.

regards,
guillem