Re: Please remove Altonasoft from your website

Andrew Thomas wrote:
> I don't want to make a big deal of it, but it sure looks like you're using my company name when all I requested was a brief mention on your page.
>
> Please remove the name Altonasoft from your site and Google Groups as requested. I really need you to cease this.

> From: Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org>
> Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:45:01 -0400
> To: Andrew Thomas <altonasoft@lycos.com>
> Subject: Re: Please remove Altonasoft from your website
>
> > * Andrew Thomas <altonasoft@lycos.com> [2004-06-29 07:33]:
> > > I gave permission for my company name Altonasoft to be included in
> > > your consultants page only, you included it in many other pages and
> > > Google Groups.
> > >
> > > I politely request you to remove my company from your consultants
> > > page and all the pages on your website which use this name
> > > Altonasoft.
> >
> > Matt, can you please remove Altonasoft
> > (http://www.debian.org/consultants/altonasoft) from our consultants
> > listing? (from all languages)

We have removed your company from the consultants list as requested.

> > > Please also contact Google Groups groups-support@google.com to
> > > remove the following postings which use of my company name was not
> > > authorised:
> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1KcX8-4Bc-27%40gated-at.bofh.it&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain
> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1NVbh-643-41%40gated-at.bofh.it&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain
> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1R3m0-1L1-27%40gated-at.bofh.it&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain
> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20g0x-5Rn-9%40gated-at.bofh.it&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain
> >
> > These don't actually contain any private or confidential information,
> > and we're certainly free to mention the term "Altonasoft".  These
> > messages are from our version control system when we added your
> > company to our listing.

We will not try to rewrite the history.  And apart from that, they're
out of our domain.

Kind rgards,

	Joey

--
Life is a lot easier when you have someone to share it with.  -- Sean Perry