Re: debian mentors FAQ

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 09:00, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 12:25:31PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> > > Could this information be integrated with the Developers'
> > > Reference?
> >
> > It isn't exactly reference material.  It could possibly be an appendix to
> > the NewMaint guide, but I don't think it quite has the right tone.  It
> > rehashes a lot of what's said in the DevRef and NewMaint (where appropriate)
> > and references those two documents at times.  It really is a list of
> > Frequently Asked Questions for d-mentors, and that's what it's intended
> > audience is.
> >
> > The one thing I wouldn't mind getting is a link to the FAQ in the d-mentors
> > list information, but I haven't had the motivation to ask listmasters or
> > whoever to make the changes in the right places.
>
> I think the listmasters are the right people to ask about this.

Hi,

That's a change that the -www team should make actually. That info comes
from:

List archives then updates from that when it's rebuilding the website.
I've got sufficient rights to change the file and stop the crontab from
running over it, but I can't modify the copy in CVS (I'm not in the
webwml group). Alfie should know how it all works, I usually
threaten^Wco-ordinate with him when I need changes in there.

Cheers,

Pasc (with his listmaster hat on)
(and we're usually faster when we get CCed (but we do try to be
omniscient), and we're not that scary ;-)

--
Pascal Hakim
Do Not Bend