Re: Checking out packages modules from webwml cvs

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 02:07:28PM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> I tried to check out packages module from webwml cvs (with
> pserver-account that works for webwml module and I use for committing
> translations). Here is a problem that hit me:
>
> $ cvs co packages
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvs/webwml/packages' (/cvs/webwml/packages/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/webwml/packages'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> I thought about checking how hard it would be to i18n packages.d.o as
> currently page template is not l10n-able, only descriptions come from
> DDTP. Is there anyone already working on this?

The packages.d.o code is currently not maintained in the Debian CVS,
it can be found at
http://cvs.infodrom.org/packages.debian.org/?cvsroot=debian.de

CVS root is cvs.infodrom.org:/var/cvs/debian.de, don't know if
anonymous checkout is allowed.

The code is i18n ready (fully "gettext"izised) but gluck.d.o currently
has no locales installed and when we tried to add them we encountered
problems with locale-gen and the Debian kernels.
You are free to download the .pot files from above rep and to translate
them but I can't assure you that I may able to use your work in the near
future. If you want to do it nevertheless please give me some notice,
I don't know when I last regenerated the .pot files so they may be
out-of-date.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>