Re: Language-specific links on http://www.debian.org/support

Gerfried Fuchs schrieb am 30.06.2004 11:06:

 I am not sure if I have written something about that already on this
list, but I _do_ encourage translators to add language specific
informations where it makes sense.  Like, when there are references to
the debian-user mailinglist it definitely makes sense to mention the
language specific list, too.

IMHO this is an extemly important point because people often don't know how to explain their debian problems in good english. So a link to a mailing list or forum in their native language really helps those people.

 Great, thanks!  Such a list can never be complete, of course, and the
links have to be checked by the language teams if they are worth
supporting in that way, though. So if you have never heard of the page
yet check with your fellow language team collegues if the site is one
that is good to support.  Like, I know at least of debianforum.de for
the german part, but don't know about the others and would like to get
some feedback on those and check 'em before they will be added.

I could start collecting a list with such support websites and provide it to anyone who's interested in. As I'm (currently?) not a debian developer I'm not sure if I could start such an effort. If yes than I'll announce this with this message.

Bye
Sebastian

--
debianforum.de - die deutschsprachige Supportwebseite rund
um das Debian-Projekt          <http://www.debianforum.de>