Re: software patents warning on debian.org

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:39:22PM +0200, Hauke Goos-Habermann wrote:
> can someone place a warning about software patents on debian.org? I think it's
> very important that debian.org shows that these patents would affect the
> development of OSS and Linux especially. Debian is a free operating system
> and should have an interest to be free and legal in the future too.

I agree that software patents are important to Debian, but I'm not
sure how best to present this on the web site.  Would you please
make a more concrete proposal (preferably with a patch)?  You
might want to contact debian-project@lists.debian.org as well.

--
Matt Kraai            kraai@ftbfs.org            http://ftbfs.org/