Who's using Debian?

Name of organisation : Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University
Medical Center, Netherlands
Organisation type : Educational
Homepage link : www.humgen.nl

Our little bio-informatics group got rid of our Windows installs and got
Debian last year. We now have several desktops running Debian (which are
also test-environments for the development several large and tens of
smaller web-based applications) and one small server. We have plans to
migrate our other Linux servers to Debian (many running Sun Solaris now)
and are in the process of getting a new Sun server which will be running
Debian as well. We mainly use Apache, PHP, MySQL, Exim, Samba, SSH and
(S)FTP on our servers together with some CPU intensive programs for the
researchers in our department.

We chose Linux for stability and a better environment for our
applications, and we chose Debian over others mainly because of apt.
Never seen installing a new kernel that easy...

Thanks for all your work,

Regards,

--
Ing. Ivo F.A.C. Fokkema,