Re: Homepages in package descriptions

* Stafford Goodsell <surge@goliath.homeunix.org> [2004-06-10 19:52]:
> I think it would be reeeeeeaaaally handy if you'd put a link to
> the homepages of the debian packages on the website.

 This request came up quite often, and I can just tell you to eather
search the archives for it, or take this short answers:

 Package maintainers could add the link both in their package
description, or on the packages.qa.debian.org page of the package (like
I have done for tetrinet[1] -- I'm still lazy myself, sorry).

 Of course a url field in the package control field would be nice (and
could be extracted automatically then), but that has to be requested
from the dpkg/apt maintainers. There is nothing the webteam can do about
it, sorry.

 So long,
Alfie
[1] <http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/tetrinet.html> -- Static Information