Re: http://www.debian.org/intro/organization

[I've cc'ed you, guessing that you don't read debian-www; hope that's
OK.]

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 01:04:13PM +0800, John wrote:
> There are some things, sadly, that Debian doesn't do well.
>
> I filed a bug report, and the maintainer closed it, disagreeing with my
> assessment of the problem. He courteously suggested I follow up with the
> technical committee.

Hm, I'm not sure I'd have redirected a non-developer user to the TC as a
first resort, but hey.

> Good idea, I thought,  so off to www.debian.org, click on "contact us."
>
> Hmm, nothing there but at the bottom, "We also have a complete list of
> different jobs and e-mails to use
> <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization> to contact various parts of
> the organization." Okay, click on that and there I thought I found the
> pot of gold:
> #      /current/ Martin Michlmayr
> # Technical Committee <http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte> --
> <debian-ctte@lists.debian.org <mailto:debian-ctte@lists.debian.org>>
>
> Beauty. Sent mail off to that address and got this reply:
> "You are not subscribed to this list, so your submission was rejected.
> Please subscribe to the list first and then repost your message."
[...]
> PS If you really don't think you can open this address to everyone, then
> how about letting the bug reporting system handle it? I could just as
> easily have opened a but report against, say, technical-committe and we
> could discuss the matter and maybe find an amicable resolution or at
> least a clearer understanding.

Ah, now, if you'd followed the link to
http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte that you quote above ... :-) It's
got a brief document on how to refer questions to the committee.

  2. Write up a summary of the disagreement, preferably agreeing it with
     your opponent, and send it to the bug tracking system. Reassign the
     bug report to the pseudo-package tech-ctte. If there is no bug for
     the dispute yet, file one.

Hope that helps,