Re: RFC: Debian License Information on www.debian.org

* Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2004-04-30 03:49]:
> I just completed the first version of these pages (loosly based on the
> pages of the security team), put them online and added a first
> license, OPL, based on the summary on debian-legal by Jeremy Hankins.

 I would say, we definitely need to relicense our website[1], then....
Last time I've heard about the OPL I was told it is free as long as the
options in VI. aren't used.

> You can find these pages on http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/ (and
> every other mirror of course).

 I would put the <dt> of the DLS in bold or something else so it stands
out a little more. The link to DLS Index shouldn't point to "index".

 The OPL isn't at that link anymore (at least currently). At least on
<http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/announce.shtml> they say it should
be but it isn't, and the root page of that domain is a Red Hat Test
Page... But that is not our fault, at least ;)  There is a different
mail on this already on debian-www.

 I'm reading debian-www only, so either Cc me *or* (xor!) debian-www on
replies if you want me to read them.

 So long,
Alfie
[1] <http://www.debian.org/license>
--
<Alfie> Ja, das ist ja das Problem.  Viele Leute glauben einen Menschen nach
        dem üblichen Hick-Hack hier herinnen beurteilen zu können.