Re: Typos in website

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 17:23, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found again a few typos in english/ and the attached patch fixes these
> hopefully. Please proofread it.
[...]
> -Also at LinuxWorld Expo, <b>Corel demoed their Corel Linux Distribution, based
> +Also at LinuxWorld Expo, <b>Corel demonstrated their Corel Linux Distribution, based

Debatable from an English-only point of view, although it would probably
help translations. `Demoed' is perfectly acceptable usage in English
(even Evolution's BrEng spollchucker doesn't object to it).

Ditto to the second occurrence.

[...]
>  Another 3D tron game requiring acceleration.  The crashes are a bit
>  more
> -interesting than armagetron and the sound effects appeal to the
> +interesting than in armagetron and the sound effects appeal to the
>  children.

Technically the original's OK, although a little idiomatic. Not
particularly fussed either way though. :)

[...]
>  Our children's favourite 3D accelerated game.  Tux zooms down an icy
> -mountain race course gobbling up herring.  Sometimes he gets stuck,
> +mountain race course gobbling up herrings.  Sometimes he gets stuck,

Nope. The plural of `herring' is `herring'. It's like `sheep' (and
`cod', `mackerel', `salmon'...).

Adam