Re: Debian License Informations - a WML draft

* Frank Lichtenheld (djpig@debian.org) [040422 00:40]:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:00:43PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > * Frank Lichtenheld (djpig@debian.org) [040402 23:40]:
> > - I guess that you plan to put the usual menu on the left side. Links
> >   from there to the DFSG, the FAQ and the list-archive could be
> >   useful.

> Don't know what you mean with the "usual menu"? I added a menu at
> the top of the page similar to that of the ports pages.

Like on http://www.debian.org/ on the left side. I like that very
much, and in the case of licenses, on the left side could be links to
the DFSG-faq, the license overview page and other licenses.

> > - How about putting the most useful information in the first line and
> >   putting it at the largest size available?:
> > <h1>Open Publication Licenses 1.0 - non-free</h1>
> > <h2>Debian License Examination 1-1</h2>

> I oriented the layout to the DSA pages... Not yet sure what to do here.

Well, I didn't say that I like the DSA-pages. ;)

However, I see on large difference between DSA und DLE: DSA is - at
least for me - more or less an archive where I can look into, but I'm
for example not going to refer them to upstream (at least usually),
and usually not many people need to search into them. DLE is quite the
opposite: In discussion with upstream, it's the area one could hint
them into.

But, of course, you could also let it stay the current way. I for
myself consider it most important that we actually publish the
licenses rather soon than to optimize it the next half year.

Thanks for your works.

Cheers,
Andi

PS: If the page is finished, I think we should rather soon add the
GPL, BSD and Artistic as free licenses (no discussion on d-l needed,
see DFSG #10).
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/