Re: Lack of ISO 8601 dates and times

On 2004-04-13 06:29:23 +0100 Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> wrote:

Alexander Winston:
Toward the beginning of <http://www.debian.org/>, the "April 13th,
2004" format is used.
This is the format we call the "spoken date" format, and is used for
running text. It should always contain the month name fully spelled
out.

For one, putting the month first seems backwards to normal English use. I think the full phrase used to be "the 13th day of April in the 2004th year of our lord" (or similar) but now it's just "13th April, 2004". Barely worth switching existing entries, IMO. Lots else to do.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at