Connection time out on security.debian.org

Dear Reader,

Are there problems with security.debian.org? I can’t connect to the server.

This is a problem because the ‘dselect’ tool seeks updates on this server.

 I’ve recently downloaded the Woody distro and used the NON-US install cd.

When I trace the route I see that xs4all (Netherlands) seems to host the site.

Is this a known problem? Are the alternatives?

My regards,

  Richard Gelderman

PS: I’m a newbie on Debian, but I have never seen this kind of a problem on any

      Linux distro yet. Not a very good impression…..