Change of e-mail address

Hi fellow Linux users.

For the last couple of days I (or rather may mailbox) have been flooded with SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, averaging to over 1000 emails per day. Lately with the arrival of anoter stupid Windoze virus / worm those messages show an annoying tendency to get bigger and bigger, the average now being about 150 kB. Although I enjoy the benefits of a DSL flatrate it is still rather irksome. So I would like to abandon my current e-mail address and make it into a bit bucket for all that junk to rot. Geting a new (or several new) e-mail addreses from my ISP is no problem at all. What is the easiest way to change my e-mail address on all the lists I am subscribed to (I read quite a lot of them). I am convinced there must be a much easier way than to unsubscribe under the old address and subscribe again under the new address.

Any assistance will be gratefulle appreciated.

TIA

Axel Schlicht