Re: packages.d.o - what has been and what could be

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 03:48:51AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 10:38:43PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:07:55PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > about main:
> > >   Now we translate only main. I will add contrib and non-free in future
> > >
> > > about sid:
> > >   The server have translated descriptions from potato, woody, sarge and
> > >   sid. But now I make only Translation files for sid. If you need more,
> > >   ask and I will change this.

I've mostly finished my work on the pages themself (going now to the
search engine). It would be interesting to have all available
translations to get a feeling for needed ressources.

For interested people, currently I've the following stats:

diskspace:
djpig@djpig:~/work/debian-www/packages_new$ du -hs www/*
1.3M    www/experimental
13k     www/Pics
123M    www/stable
158M    www/testing
735M    www/unstable

number of files:
djpig@djpig:~/work/debian-www/packages_new$ for dist in stable testing unstable experimental; do echo -ne " $dist:\t"; find www/$dist -not -type d | wc -l; done
 stable:           9806
 testing:         12528
 unstable:        52679
 experimental:      137

These are for static pages. So we will have about 2 GB space and about
150.000 files for all distributions. Should be not a problem today
(? I'm not in the position to decide this though)

Gruesse,
--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***
          *** http://www.djpig.de/ ***