Re: Isnt Lindows partner/supporter?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:00:24AM +0200, Morgan Olsson wrote:
> I really think children distros should contribute to the main distro when they get income.
> They always should contribyute with improvments in code, donate machinery and some time, money for expenses, or whatever.  *Someting*

I think Alfie might of got mixed up on the "should" but I agree with
what you are saying.  I also agree that Debian doesn't, shouldn't and
will not mandate that children distros do this and if we did then we
would be non-free (though you are not saying we should mandate it).

I believe maybe another way of putting what you said that if children
distros look deep inside they ought to have a desire to help Debian out.
While there could be a feeling of unfairness if they don't; they benefit
from our distribution sure the least they can do is contribute in some
way, that's not what Debian is about.

We're about producing the best Linux distribution while still following
Free Software guidelines.  Or at least that's whay I think it is. If
others benefit, its not taking anything away from us.

But to answer your question, as far as I am aware, Lindows has
contributed something to Debian but they are not in the
partner/supporter league. I can easily be wrong about that.
A fair few CD vendors contribute some percentage to Debian, but they are
also not partners.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>