Re: wml build errors in japanese/ and spanish/

Hi,

From: Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de>
Subject: Re: wml build errors in japanese/ and spanish/
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:34:53 +0200

> While we're at it, I think I identified and solved another build problem:
> in japanese/devel/wnpp/wnpp.wml you have to replace all occurences of
> en.html in the shebang line with ja.html . Otherwise the translated
> pages get not installed.

Thank you for information.  I fixed this, but the fix caused
a much serious problem.

For example,

   http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfa_bypackage.ja.html

is written in EUC-JP encoding but the header says the page is
ISO-2022-JP encoding.  This causes the page entirely unreadable.
(Just a row of random letters)

Though I am not familiar with the build process of Debian web
pages, I imagine Makefile has some problem and WMEPILOG is
ignored.  (WMEPILOG for Japanese converts pages from EUC-JP
to ISO-2022-JP).  I have no idea how to fix this.

I'd like to revert my modification if there are no solution.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/