Re: Unofficial projects related with Debian.

On Fri, 23 May 2003, David B Harris wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:58:45 -0300
> Gustavo Franco <stratus@legolas.alternex.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > - Guidelines to Debian subprojects (Do you known
> >    what are the official and unofficial subprojects now?);
Besides the fact that a subproject becomes the "official" status in the
same way a single package becomes the "official" status - just if an
official maintainer cares for it enough I see a need for a different
guideline:

We have to face to different types of subprojects: User oriented,
technically oriented and just administrative projects which are
listed on the page mentioned above.  In my opinion the list above
is confusiung up to disinformative because there is absolutely no
distinction between these different types of projects.

> > [1] = "Mono for Debian", ipv6 (is it official or unofficial?),
> > "ddtp", ...

I just try some Kategorisation:

   U - User oriented
   T - Tries to support some special techniques to enhance Debian quality
   A - Cares for administration stuff for better organising Debian work