Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org

Hi,

From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
Subject: Re: enable searching East Asian words at search.debian.org
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 19:09:54 +0200

> If now I run
>   $ export LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
>   $ xterm
> go to search.debian.org in this window and cut'n'paste this word from
> another window, I am redirected to
>   http://search.debian.org/?q=%C3%83%C2%A9lection&ps=10&o=0&m=all&g=fr
> which means that e-acute has been converted twice, and no pages are
> found.  Am I doing something wrong?

There might be two problems.  One is whether cut'n'paste works well
or not, and another is whether the browser can handle encoding conversion
correctly.

I tested with galeon and w3mmee.  (w3m doesn't support UTF-8.)
Also, Intenet Explorer on Windows works well.

I'd like to test your operation.  Which browser did you use?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/